Occupational health is an important topic for health practice. In order to protect health and well-beings, the need to understand the principles of occupational health and prepare for unforeseeable events is rapidly growing. This course will provide the participants with the overview of occupational hazards and health impacts, fundamental of hazards assessment and control. In addition, it will introduce the workplace emergency planning and responses to industrial disasters, as well as the related challenges to occupational health.
At the end of this course, participants will have gained:
- The scopes and principle of occupational health;
- The common occupational hazards and health impact in workplace;
- The methods of control occupational hazards;
- The planning of workplace emergency and responses to industrial disasters.
- To identify the methods to assess the occupational hazards;
- To outline the prevention strategies for hazards in workplace.
List of Lectures
- Introduction to principles of occupational health and hygiene
- Occupational hazards and health impacts in the workplace 1 – Physical hazards
- Occupational hazards and health impacts in the workplace 2 – Chemical hazards
- Occupational hazards and health impacts in the workplace 3 – Biological hazards
- Occupational health risk assessment and case studies
- Workplace emergency planning, preparedness and responses to industrial disasters
- Challenges of occupational health induced by industrial disasters